“OOMPY” pick: “Back-to-School” supply wreath
Do you have a bunch of school supplies you purchased for SUPER CHEAP at the start of school? Are you looking for a gift idea for your favorite teacher? Then this is a project for you!! It’s simple and inexpensive to make…BONUS!!
- 1 yard of black fabric-I used chalkboard print (cut into 36 2″ x 22″ strips)
- Red fabric (3″ x 54″) for the bow
- 18″ Straw wreath (or a pool noodle cut to size and secured with duct tape like this)
- 5 Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 box (24count) Crayola Crayons
- 2 pencils
- 2 colored eraser tops
- Glue gun
- Evenly tie the black fabric strips around the wreath until all of the strips have been used.
- Place the glue sticks on top of the black fabric, spaced evenly, then hot glue into place.
- Place the crayons evenly between each glue stick, then hot glue into place.
- Tie red fabric into a bow around the wreath. You can do whatever you like here. I started with the fabric folded evenly in half (with the fold at the very top of the wreath, tied a bow about 1/2 way down, then put a knot on the top and the bottom of the wreath to hold in place. I also left the extra fabric hanging at the bottom for added decoration.
- Hot glue the pencils with eraser tops into place…I used erasers that are our school colors