“OOMPY” pick: Apple Cupcakes
Crafty with food-From: Dining with Debbie
- • Cupcakes
- • 1 box yellow cake mix
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2teaspoon red paste food color
- 1 container (1 lb) vanilla frosting
- 12 thin pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 16 spearmint leaf gumdrops
- 12 gummy worm candies, cut in half, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool 10 minutes; carefully remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Stir paste food color into frosting in container. Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- To decorate cupcakes, poke 1 pretzel piece into each cupcake for stem. Cut each gumdrop leaf into 3 slices. Poke 2 gumdrop leaves into top of each cupcake on either side of pretzel stem. Poke half of gummy worm into each cupcake.