“OOMPY” pick: Indian corn Centerpiece
From: Eddie Ross
All you need for this centerpiece is a simple burlap runner to complete the look of your dining room table, entry table or fireplace mantle.
- Cylinder vase (7″ in diameter by 18″ tall)
- Sand, gravel or solar salt (enough to make 4″)
- Three-wick candle (6″ x 6″)
- 15 ears Indian Corn (approximately 8″ in length)
- Floral Clay
- Spool of jute twine
- Fill a simple cylinder vase with sand, gravel or solar salt.
- Tie each ear of corn with twine to hold in the husks.
- Apply floral clay to the twine or jute then adhere the ears to the glass. Don’t worry if they fall off at first; it’s just a simple way of adhering the ears before tying them more securely. Alternate colors and make sure you tie them evenly around, so the twine lines up.
- Trim the husks on a diagonal, so they feel more even but still natural.
- Tie twine all the way around, knot it tight, then wrap around about 12 times in all.