“OOMPY” pick: Nuts About Candles
From: Good Housekeeping
It’s a two-fer…two uses in one!! Use it as a centerpiece on your holiday dinner table then…when dinner is over…pour all of the nuts into one big bowl for everyone to enjoy. Don’t forget to supply nutcrackers!!
- Glass containers — hurricane lamps, vases, glasses, and stemware (different shapes and sizes)
- Candles-pillar, votive, or tapered candle
- (based on each container)
- Nuts-hazelnuts, walnuts, or pecans
- Make sure the glasses are clean
- Depending on the size of each container, place either a pillar, votive, or tapered candle into each glass.
- Fill with hazelnuts, walnuts, or pecans. Vary the amount of nuts in each container.
You can usually find unshelled nuts very easily in the produce section of your local market during the holiday season.