“OOMPY” pick: Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Inspired by: Kelly’s Korner Recipes
I know…not everyone is a fan of these baby cabbages but this simple and easy recipe is sure to win them over.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve immediately.
I decided to keep it simple at Thanksgiving this year since it was my first attempt at roasting brussel sprouts but…come next year…watch out…I’m going for the gusto!!
Here are a few recipes that look yummy…