“OOMPY” pick: Tempura Batter
I have been using this recipe for years now…long before OOMPY was even a “twinkle” so I don’t have the original source to give the proper credit. So whoever you are out there…thank you!!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plus 1 TBSP ice water
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat egg slightly with the water and add to dry ingredients. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Dip your choice of chicken, beef, seafood or veggie (approx 1lb) into mixture.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.