“OOMPY” pick: Teriyaki Sauce
I have been using this recipe for years now…long before OOMPY was even a “twinkle” so I don’t have the original source to give the proper credit. So whoever you are out there…thank you!!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- Add water to thin if it is too thick
- Makes: 1 ½ cups