“OOMPY” pick: Spinach Pasta Salad
From: OOMPY friend favorite-Regan
If you have picky eaters…you can make 2 separate meals out of the ingredients for this meal. It’s a recipe to please everyone without additional work
- 1 box penne pasta (gluten free), cooked al dente then cooled
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can black olives, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper sliced (or 6 baby bell peppers sliced in circles)
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped in pieces
- 1 cucumber cut in slices, then quartered
- 1/2 carton of baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinaigrette to taste (apprx 1/8 – 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 cup Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta and cool.
- Grill the mushrooms in butter and salt and pepper to taste until soft, about 5 min.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with balsamic vinaigrette to taste and top with feta cheese.
- You can adjust the veggies to your liking adding or subtracting what you like.
For picky eaters…make a separate salad with veggies they like and pasta topped with butter and cheese or spaghetti sauce.