“OOMPY” pick: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Ahhhh…Mexican food!! I don’t know about you…but I could eat Mexican food everyday, at every meal for the rest of my life…I would be a HAPPY girl!! Serve these enchiladas with re-fried beans, rice or tortilla chips OR…all 3…make it a FIESTA!!
- 12.5oz canned chicken
- 8oz sour cream
- 8oz shredded colby-jack cheese
- 5 medium flour tortillas
- 1/3 of a 28 oz can Las Palmas green chile (medium) enchilada sauce. $$ SAVER TIP: Save the rest of the sauce in 2 separate containers and freeze for future use.
- In a medium size bowl, break up chicken with a fork, add sour cream, about 1 cup of cheese, and about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
- In an 8 x 8 casserole dish, add enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan. Place one of the tortillas in the pan to one side, fill with 1/5 of the chicken mixture and roll. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, rolling each enchilada side by side in the pan. TIP: (it’s easier and less messy than rolling separately and then putting in the pan)
- Spoon the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of the rolled tortillas making sure to cover the entire top and into the sides.
- Top with shredded cheese (mmmm…cheese)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. TIP: You may need to put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes to get the cheese a yummy golden brown.